Jamee’s support was discrete and career-based. Her ability to quickly relate to and understand professional business and the related interpersonal / family circumstances of my job made her a great fit for my tight schedule and my need to see rapid results. She is very open minded and easy to talk to and made me feel like I had someone on my side immediately—to help me make changes. She provided me with tools for specific interpersonal communications, which I had previously faced as confrontational dead ends. Working with her on a regular basis for this time really helped me to better prepare for meetings, and be clear about how I wanted to benefit from each challenge.
Beth Stewart, Principal & CEO United Catalyst
Have you ever played 3-dimensional chess? If you are an executive, I’ll bet you’re playing it right now.
Here’s the game:
- Communicate effectively to obtain “buy-in” and support for your initiatives and strategies.
- Be conscious of your own moves and how they support your career trajectory.
- Deal with challenging personalities that are moving around the board and exhibiting bad sportsmanship (every company has a couple of these people.)
- Negotiate win-win scenarios with your team-mates and opponents.
- Be respected for who you are and what you bring to the table.
Read more here: Executive Coaching Services
Great managers create great companies. A wonderful manager will elicit the best from her employees, provide support, learning opportunities and be a leader people want to follow.
Management in itself is a skill but often we are not well-trained or prepared to become managers. We become managers because we are very good at what we do, and then we are expected to jump into a management role without the training we need to truly win at the job of management.
A managerial coach:
- will help a manager build the skill sets needed while on the job. Good management requires diplomacy, good communication skills, a clear vision and the ability to delegate.
- will help you trouble shoot challenges in real time with direct reports.
- will show you small ways to shift your approach that will yield big results in terms of job satisfaction, productivity and loyalty.
- will help you to manage across generations; millennials, Gen-x and Baby Boomers.
Read more here: Managerial Coaching services
During the six enlightening months working with Jamee, I became better equipped to understand why certain people behave the way they do and how to identify these behaviors in advance to avoid conflict in the work place. Jamee gave me the tools to not only identify the behavior but the various tactics that diffuse the problem before it gets out of control allowing me to get what I need in order to complete the task at hand. Jamee taught me how to deal with difficult people, situations and my own desire for change.
Allyson Terry Goldsby, Marketing Executive
Jamee’s ability to help identify strategies that work for me has truly improved my own ability to do so. One of her great strengths is her amazing intuition and ability to identify and articulate her insights on whatever topic we are discussing. Her questions and comments are spot on in helping me explore a subject in a deeper, more relevant way. Jamee’s directness, kindness and sense of humor also help provide for a productive, enlightening, positive and safe experience. Every session leaves me feeling more inspired and more tuned into myself. I will always be grateful to have found such a skilled and compassionate coach!
Julie Dwyer, Non-Profit Executive