“Jamee’s support was discrete and career-based. Her ability to quickly relate to and understand professional business and the related interpersonal / family circumstances of my job made her a great fit for my tight schedule and my need to see rapid results. She is very open minded and easy to talk to and made me feel like I had someone on my side immediately—to help me make changes. She provided me with tools for specific interpersonal communications, which I had previously faced as confrontational dead ends. Working with her on a regular basis for this time really helped me to better prepare for meetings, and be clear about how I wanted to benefit from each challenge.
Beth Stewart, Principal & CEO United Catalyst
“Jamee has a deep understanding of the subtleties of inter-office communication. Her coaching helped me to effectively design and implement strategic conversations with my direct reports that benefited my organization.
Amy Fass, Executive Director – Shoes That Fit
Is Executive Coaching Right for You?
Have you ever played 3-dimensional chess? If you are an executive, I’ll bet you’re playing it right now.
Here’s the game:
- Communicate effectively to obtain “buy-in” and support for your initiatives and strategies.
- Be conscious of your own moves and how they support your career trajectory.
- Deal with challenging personalities that are moving around the board and exhibiting bad sportsmanship (every company has a couple of these people.)
- Negotiate win-win scenarios with your team-mates and opponents.
- Be respected for who you are and what you bring to the table.
Playing the game well, can be simple. It’s about strategy and communication. Slight tweaks in the way we view and deal with co-workers, direct reports and supervisors can make the difference between loving or hating your job.
Here are some of the focus areas we may cover in executive coaching, in addition to what you bring to the table:
- Navigating office politics.
- Communicating to build loyalty and support the bonds between team members.
- Enhancing effectiveness and building energy and passion for your role
- Developing leadership abilities.
- Clarifying goals and creating action plans that are targeted and realistic.
- Creating accountability structures that are achievable.
- Designing strategies for career trajectory and transition.
Executive coaching is a streamlined approach to workplace problem solving.
Great executives create great companies. A wonderful leader will elicit the best from her employees, provide support, learning opportunities and inspire others to lead as well.
Leading teams and direct reports is a skill in itself, but often we are not well-trained or prepared to manage people. We become managers because we are very good at what we do, and then we are expected to jump into a management role without the training we need to truly win at the job of management.
Developing your leadership skills:
- will help a manager build the skill sets needed while on the job. Good management requires diplomacy, good communication skills, a clear vision and the ability to delegate.
- will help you trouble shoot challenges in real time with direct reports.
- will show you small ways to shift your approach that will yield big results in terms of job satisfaction, productivity and loyalty.
- will help you to manage across generations; millennials, Gen-x and Baby Boomers.
In 2015, for the first time, Millennials outnumbered others in the workforce. By the year 2020, Millennials will make up 50% of the workforce. By the year 2030, Millennials will make up 75% of the workforce.*
And one of the biggest challenges facing companies today, is retention of millennials. An international study commissioned by Deloitte for Talent Edge in 2011 found that “Nearly one out of every three Generation Y [Millennial] workers are planning to leave their current workplace and look for new career opportunities within the next year.”
Let’s schedule your complimentary phone session so that I can learn more about the unique challenges you are facing in your work place and together, we can create a strategy that excites you about moving forward toward your goals.
Please email me at email@example.com to schedule your session. I look forward to hearing from you!
During the six enlightening months working with Jamee, I became better equipped to understand why certain people behave the way they do and how to identify these behaviors in advance to avoid conflict in the work place. Jamee gave me the tools to not only identify the behavior but the various tactics that diffuse the problem before it gets out of control allowing me to get what I need in order to complete the task at hand. Jamee taught me how to deal with difficult people, situations and my own desire for change.
Allyson Terry Goldsby, Marketing Executive
Jamee’s ability to help identify strategies that work for me has truly improved my own ability to do so. One of her great strengths is her amazing intuition and ability to identify and articulate her insights on whatever topic we are discussing. Her questions and comments are spot on in helping me explore a subject in a deeper, more relevant way. Jamee’s directness, kindness and sense of humor also help provide for a productive, enlightening, positive and safe experience. Every session leaves me feeling more inspired and more tuned into myself. I will always be grateful to have found such a skilled and compassionate coach!
Julie Dwyer, Non-Profit Executive