Have you ever played 3-dimensional chess? If you are an executive, I’ll bet you’re playing it right now.
Here’s the game:
- Communicate effectively to obtain “buy-in” and support for your initiatives and strategies.
- Be conscious of your own moves and how they support your career trajectory.
- Deal with challenging personalities that are moving around the board and exhibiting bad sportsmanship (every company has a couple of these people.)
- Negotiate win-win scenarios with your team-mates and opponents.
- Be respected for who you are and what you bring to the table.
I’ve been coaching executives for 15 years. I’ve worked with entrepreneurs and executives at major companies in a variety of industries including; Entertainment, Non-Profit and Technology.
Here are some of the things we can focus on in addition to what you bring to the table:
- Communication that builds loyalty and supports the bonds between team members.
- Enhancing effectiveness and building energy and passion for your role
- Developing leadership abilities.
- Clarifying goals and creating action plans that are targeted and realistic.
- Creating accountability structures that are achievable.
- Designing strategies for career trajectory and transition.
Playing the game well, can be simple. It’s about strategy and communication. Slight tweaks in the way we view and deal with co-workers, direct reports and supervisors can make the difference between loving or hating your job.
Executive coaching is a streamlined approach to workplace problem solving.
Please contact me to schedule your complimentary phone consultation at email@example.com so that I can help you assess your specific situation and see how I can help you.