Welcome to your new year – full of promise and opportunity just like a fairytale, with you as its protagonist.
And you get to write it – add in adventure and some extra twists and turns. How will you keep us guessing? Is it a mystery or a love story? Perhaps it’s part 1, 2 or 3 of a Trilogy?
Whatever your fairytale is, remember that the world is your oyster, the wind is at your heels and your wish is your command.
And we are all on the edge of our seats to see what you will create this year. How will you combine your ability to imagine your best future while deftly learning from any little hiccups that are presented along your path?
How will you take the success of 2018 and parlay it into an even more successful 2019?
What if this year is the year that changes everything? The year you land the big job, the perfect client or complete your dream project?
Could this be the year that you get the extra help you need at the office or implement a daily self-care routine that supports your goals for your work and personal life?
What is the story you want to be telling about 2019 when you are cozied up by the fire next December? How will you amaze and inspire with your exploits and inventions?
Fairytales are fun and easy to read. The challenging part can be to come up with a compelling story. So, let’s get started, shall we?
Coach Me Quick tips to create Your Fairytale 2019:
- Make a list of all the goals you have in mind that you know you can reach with focus, effort and/or hard work. These are the “reasonable” goals. Get them all on paper in order to get them out of your head. This is where your promotion or raise may fit in.
- Make a list of the goals that excite and inspire you. You may or may not know how to get there – which is ok and also where the adventure comes in. Maybe it’s time to start your own company?
- Make a list of the goals that are “way out there.” These are the ideas that you would be a little bit crazy to aspire to. Moving to another country, meeting and marrying the love of your life or buying a boat?
- Think of one activity that puts a smile on your face.
- There are some people who give you a chance to truly be yourself. Who are they?
- Where are the places that bring you peace?
- What do you do that helps you reset in the midst of chaos?
Now it’s time to build your fairytale.
You get to decide how the chapters unfold. Maybe choose a few options from category 1, sprinkle in some from category 2 and identify at least 1 from category 3. Be sure that the activity, people and places that you love are running themes throughout your story.
And as you live your fairytale, utilize your strategies to reset in the midst of chaos because that chaos is also excitement, change and the fruition of your goals.
Thank you for being a part of my fairytale too!
Happy New Year!